The Heart Pro (Unfilled)
Size: 8″ x 8″ (20 x 20 cm)
Use this pillow on your heart to bring healing to a wounded heart or soothing to a weary heart. It is also wonderful on the nape of the neck, throat, or anywhere else in need of soothing.
The unique heart shape lends itself to bilateral uses. We have a saying: “Two hearts are better than one” because we like to put one Heart Pro on the top of each shoulder with the points facing outward.
Includes: Red removable cover, Black inner bag for filler, and instructions for seed filling and sewing closed.
THIS PILLOW HAS NO FILLING. YOU MUST SUPPLY THE FILLER AND SEW THE PRODUCT CLOSED.
We recommend 366 grams (2-1/8 cups or 500-milliliter) Organic Flaxseed (Linseed) for the Heart Pro Pillow.
This is a pillow set that includes a removable red cover and an internal black bag only. You must supply the filler material. Use clean, food-grade* organic golden flaxseed (Linseed). Your included instruction sheet will show you how to fill them, how much to fill them with, and how to sew them closed.
* The use of any other filler will affect the quality of your experience, heating times, product life, and safety.
Disclaimer. The quality of your experience and the safety of your therapeutic pillow depends on the filler used. As we do not have control of the filling material, quality, and amount of the filler used we disclaim responsibility for the pillows in case of allergic reactions, potential fires, damage to the outer cover and inner bag, and any damage resulting from the use of the pillows. And any modification to the heating times indicated for each pillow.
Nurture To Heal™ Therapeutic Pillows evolved out of our desire to create a tool that would support and enhance somatic awareness. We wanted to develop a therapeutic comfort tool for self-regulation and self-care that NeuroAffective Touch® practitioners could use in their practice, on themselves, and give to their clients. The outcome has exceeded our hopes.
Professional psychotherapists, bodyworkers, and everyone who can benefit from tender self-care and who struggles with nervous system regulation have found them useful.
All Nurture To Heal™ Therapeutic Pillows are made of luxurious deep red stretch velvet. Filled with organic flax seeds, they are soft and malleable. They can be warmed in the microwave or cooled in the freezer. Pleasingly tactile and sensuous, the pillows are a valuable resource to support self-regulation, encourage soothing self-care, and heighten body awareness. We believe that once you use them and discover the special effects of each shape, you will find that you can’t be without your collection of pillows.
Warming your Pillow
- Warm in a microwave
- Do NOT heat in a conventional oven or if wet
- Make sure your microwave is clean to prevent food stains on your pillow
- Use standard microwave precautions
- DO NOT STACK OR OVERHEAT as flax seeds may burn!
Heating times are approximate depending on the strength of your microwave
- Mini: 30 seconds
- Heart: 1 minute
- Round and Brick: 2 minutes
- Long and Long Segmented: 2.5 minutes
- WARNING: Misuse can result in fire or melting of your pillow!
Cooling your Pillow
- Place your pillow in the freezer in a sealed plastic bag or container to keep it free of moisture. Remove excess air before sealing the bag.
- Leave as long as needed to cool. You can store your therapeutic pillow long-term in the freezer if you like to use it cold.
- Pillows remain pliable and soft when cold.
- Cool use is excellent to calm inflammation.
- If any medical conditions exist, use caution or check with your doctor before use.
- Do not use with infants and young children without supervision.
- If using flaxseed, do not leave it in a moist environment for an extended period of time as flax seeds may sprout!
- If using flaxseed, do not leave pillows unattended around animals such as birds and chickens who love seeds!
- Allergies: Do not place directly on the skin if you or your clients are allergic to flax seeds. If an allergic reaction occurs, please call 911 or go to your nearest urgent care.
- Outer covers are removable and can be washed. Dry on a delicate setting.
- DO NOT WASH the black inner pillow containing the seeds.
- The Mini has no outer cover. Spot clean only.
- For health reasons, if you use your Mini on the eyes of multiple individuals, use a protective barrier like a tissue.
Storage: Store in a clean, dry environment away from moisture, small children, pets, and birds.
Our goal is your complete satisfaction with the Nurture to Heal™ Therapeutic Pillows. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, simply return the pillow in its original condition within 18 days of purchase and we will give you a full refund, plain and simple.
For returns, please email email@example.com for a return authorization and further instructions.
Your Nurture to Heal™ Therapeutic Pillow has a limited lifetime warranty under normal and customary use to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. If, for example, under normal use a seam opens and seeds leak out, your pillow is warranted and will be replaced with the same pillow model or its equivalent. Any misuse, including but not limited to overheating causing the fabric to melt or a strong burnt odor, water damage, tearing by animals, pets, or vermin shall not be warranted.
This Limited Lifetime Warranty ends at the time the item is discontinued, plus one year after its removal from production.