- Pre-training introductions and community building
- Orientation to the training
2. Eight Live-Streamed 3-hour Meetings (over two weekends) [12 hours each module]
- Anatomy/physiology and psychological function of body areas
- Touch skills and self-touch exploration. Because we are now doing more sessions via Telehealth, we will bring greater focus to self-touch and self-care protocols for clients, as well as guidance for establishing a somatic contemplative practice. This will give you an in-depth experience within your own body and help you teach your clients how to work with their bodies
- Demonstration sessions that are either live, recorded with real-time commentary, or in real-time online
- Zoom community meeting with breakout exercises and clinical Q&A
- NOTE: If you can’t attend a lecture at its delivery time, your live-stream link allows you to watch it at a time of your choice
3. In-Person 3-Day Touch Intensive [18 hours]
- To be held as soon as we can safely come together, hopefully, late Fall 2020 or early 2021
- Module 2 and 3 reviews with hands-on practice [3 days/18 hours]
4. Online Practice Session with a Colleague [3 hours]
- 50-minute therapy session online exchange with a colleague with 10 minutes debrief to be held at a time of your choice
- A one-page reflection paper of your experience as therapist and as client
- Questions arising from the online session can be brought to the case consult
5. Two Case Consult [2 hours each. Total of 4 hours]
- We are adding a case consult after module 2 and after module 3 to clinically anchor theory and practice
- This case consult will count towards certification
6. Course Materials
- Video link to all the lectures and demos to review or watch in your own time
- Lecture Keynote
For questions about the training
Visit the Curriculum page for a complete overview of the training and learning objectives.
For graduates and current students who wish to further their expertise beyond the Foundation Training, and qualify for the NATouch Practitioner Certification, we offer ongoing Study Groups and Online Consultations. The Study Groups may be attended Live Streamed, or via Video Recordings until further notice.
Registration is a two-step process:
1. A Student Application allows us to know you and make sure that the training will be a good fit for you.
2. A tuition payment that secures your place in the training.
The process of evaluating your application is contingent on our receiving both your application and tuition payment. We may want a short conversation with you to ensure that our training is a good fit. You will then receive a final email confirmation of your acceptance in the training. If we assess that the training is not a good fit, you will receive a full refund.
The Foundation Training consists of three 4-day modules which has been adjusted for the new online format. Modules must be taken in sequence.
Tuition is $945 per 4-day module with an early registration discount of $870 (a $75 saving) available for tuition received up to approximately one month prior to a training start date.
A best-value package discount of $2,500 (a $335 saving) is available for attendees who wish to purchase all three modules at once.
Take advantage of the EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS!
Training Schedule (Pacific Time)
Module 1, 2020
January 10, Friday 6-9 pm
January 11, Saturday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
January 13, Sunday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
Module 2A, 2020
June 13, Saturday 9:30 am-1 pm
June 14, Sunday 9:30 am-1 pm
Module 2B, 2020
July 11, Saturday 9:30 am-1 pm
July 12, Sunday 9:30 am-1 pm
Cohort Case Consultation 1, 2020
July 25, Saturday 1-3:30 pm
Module 3A, 2020
August 22, Saturday 9:30 am-1 pm
August 23, Sunday 9:30 am-1 pm
Module 3B, 2020
September 12, Saturday 9:30 am-1 pm
September 13, Sunday 9:30 am-1 pm
Cohort Case Consultation 2, 2020
October 4, Sunday 1-3:30 pm
Module 4: Three-Day In-Person Touch Intensive, 2021
Barring any other unforeseen closures
October 1, Friday 10 am-1:15 pm and 2:45 pm-6 pm
October 2, Saturday 9 am-12:15 pm and 1:45 pm-5 pm
October 3, Sunday 9 am-12:15 pm and 1:45 pm-5 pm
|Module 4: Touch Intensive||October 1-3||2021|
In-Person Touch Intensive (date TBA)
Brentwood/West Los Angeles
NO Credits available at this time
CE credits are not available at this time. For details visit the CE Credits page.