NeuroAffective Touch® is a somatic approach that integrates relational and psychodynamic psychotherapy with the therapeutic use of touch and somatic practices. The NeuroAffective Touch training builds a vital bridge between our verbal and nonverbal selves to address the key elements of attachment, early emotional trauma and repair, and developmental deficits. Our approach transcends the limitations of talk therapy for healing core relational wounds.
The training welcomes all professional practitioners who wish to integrate body and mind to resolve emotional trauma and relational deficits. We invite and include psychotherapists, psychologists, social workers, pre-licensed interns, and students; certified bodyworkers, massage, and body-centered practitioners; addiction counselors; nurses, acupuncturists, allopathic, naturopathic, and holistic doctors; movement and yoga practitioners; and coaches.
In-person, two-part training in London, England
PART I • 6 days • July 14―19 • 2024
Healing the Relational Matrix offers the missing nonverbal experiences of somatic support and safety― a secure bottom-up foundation based on trust and care from which a new top-down narrative can emerge. We attune your touch presence to address the three essential self-states necessary for secure attachment and emotional well-being: I exist; I am loved; My needs are important.
PART II • 6 days • October 27―November 1 • 2024
Renegotiating the Capacity for Social Engagement explores how we process sensory perception. Facial expressions, contractions at the cranial base, the openness of the gaze, the listening capacity of the ears, and the prosody of the voice all convey information about a person’s emotional states. Yet, these areas, which reflect the deeper states of vagal regulation, rarely receive the gentle, transformative power of attuned touch.
Visit our Curriculum webpage for the complete training content and learning objectives.
- Orientation to touch and embodiment.
- The functional unity of the body-mind anatomy, physiology, psychology, and emotional-relational experiences.
- Touch-related psychological issues such as oppressive parenting, neglect and abuse, shame, prediction, the effects of missing developmental movements, and much more.
- The language of touch, the three sensory touch systems, CT afferents and emotional touch, working with the sympathetic, parasympathetic, interoceptive, and neuroceptive systems.
- Self-directed touch. Because therapists now increasingly work online, the training has a focus on self-directed touch protocols and self-care guidance.
- Personal somatic practice. We support you in establishing a personal Somatic Contemplation® practice by providing an in-depth interoceptive and proprioceptive experience of your own body that helps you teach your clients how to work with their bodies.
- Hands-on protocols to ground the theory and clinical material.
- Anchoring the healing power of touch in somatic resonance.
- Demonstration sessions live with real-time commentary.
- Breakout supervised touch practice.
- Video links to the training to review in your own time
- Manual ― 200 pages
- Lecture slides
For questions about the training
please get in touch with Dawne Belcher
We offer ongoing Study Groups and Small Group, Individual, and Mentored Hands-on Consultations for graduates and current students who wish to further their expertise beyond the Foundation Training and qualify for the NeuroAffective Touch Practitioner Certification. Study Groups may be attended live or recorded. For confidentiality reasons, Consultations are not recorded.
The NeuroAffective Touch Forum is available to students and graduates who want to stay connected as a learning community. The Forum supports those who wish to develop, share, and discuss the complex nature of integrating the attuned use of touch and psychotherapy. It includes moderated special topics where practitioners with specific expertise can continue to share, grow, and refine their somatic skills.
Training Schedule and Registration
please get in touch with Dawne Belcher
|Jul 14-19, 2024
|Oct 27-Nov 1, 2024
Amnesty International UK
25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA, United Kingdom