- Three Modules, each consisting of 2½ days of live-streamed lectures and Zoom community meetings with breakout exercises
- A Fourth Module consisting of a 4-day in-person touch intensive meeting as soon as it is safe to come together
- Online exchange practice sessions between each module, or in-person if you have safe colleagues nearby (a total of 3)
- A 2½-hour case consult between each module (a total of 3)
- Check-in and community building
- The opening lecture, overview, and orientation to the module
- Introduction to the anatomy/physiology/psychological functions of body area
- Demonstration of touch skills and self-touch exploration. Because we are now doing more sessions online, we will bring an enhanced focus to self-touch and self-care protocols for clients, as well as guidance for establishing a somatic contemplative practice. This will give you in-depth interoceptive experience of your own body and help you teach your clients how to work with their bodies.
- Demonstration sessions that are either live, recorded with real-time commentary, or real-time online
- Zoom community meetings with breakout exercises and Q&A
- NOTE: If you can’t attend a lecture at its delivery time, your live-stream link allows you to watch it at a time of your choice
- A 50-minute online somatic therapy exchange session with a colleague with a 10 minutes debriefing. A total of three sessions to be held at a time of your choice after Modules 1, 2, and 3
- A one-page reflection paper of your experience as therapist and as client
- Questions arising from the online session can be brought to the case consults
- Case consults held after Modules 1, 2, and 3 to clinically anchor theory and practice
- These three case consults will count towards NATouch Certification
- To be announced as soon as we can safely come together, hopefully in early 2021
- Review of all materials with a focus on hands-on practice
- Recorded video links to all the lectures and demos to review in your own time
- Lecture Keynotes
For questions about the training
Visit the Curriculum page for a complete overview of the training and learning objectives.
For graduates and current students who wish to further their expertise beyond the Foundation Training, and qualify for the NeuroAffective Touch Practitioner Certification, we offer ongoing Study Groups and Online Consultations. Study Groups may be attended Live-Streamed or Recorded.
Registration is a two-step process:
1. An application that allows us to know you and make sure that the training will be a good fit for you.
2. A tuition payment that secures your place in the training.
The process of evaluating your application is contingent on our receiving both your application and tuition payment. We may want a short conversation with you to ensure that our training is a good fit. You will then receive a final email confirmation of your acceptance in the training. If we assess that the training is not a good fit, you will receive a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE: For those paying in Canadian dollars ONLY use Coupon 2020CANADA in your shopping cart to take into account the loss on the currency exchange. This will give you a 15% adjustment to help make up for the difference in the exchange rate. Prices below are in US dollars.
Prerequisite: Module 1 must be taken before subsequent modules.
- Early Registration tuition $699 for Modules 1, 2, and 3
Regular tuition $800 (save $101 each)
- Early Registration tuition $899 for Module 4
Regular tuition $1,100 (save $201)
- A best-value package of $2,550 (a saving of $950) is available for attendees who wish to purchase all four Modules at once
An installment plan is available when you click the Register Today button.
Take advantage of the EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS!
Training Schedule (Eastern Time)
August 7, Friday 6-9 pm
August 8, Saturday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
August 9, Sunday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
September 25, Friday 6-9 pm
September 26, Saturday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
September 27, Sunday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
December 4, Friday 6-9 pm
December 5, Saturday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
December 6, Sunday 11 am-2 pm and 3:30-6:30 pm
Module 4: Four-Day In-Person Touch Intensive
We have reserved a venue for April 30-May 3, 2021 in London, Canada. We are hopeful that it will be safe to come together by then.
April 30, Friday 10 am-1 pm and 3-6 pm
May 1, Saturday 10 am-1 pm and 3-6 pm
May 2, Sunday 10 am-1 pm and 3-6 pm
May 3, Monday 9 am-noon and 1-4 pm
|Module 1||August 7-9||2020|
|Module 2||September 25-27||2020|
|Module 3||December 4-6||2020|
|Module 4||April 30 - May 3||2021|
Module 4 In-Person Touch Intensive
The BMO Centre
295 Rectory St London N5Z0A3
Healing Developmental Trauma
How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image, and the Capacity for Relationship
Laurence Heller, PhD and Aline LaPierre, PsyD
”This well-organized, valuable book offers easy-to-understand tools for all of us who are seeking a better understanding of our fundamental conflicts between oneness and separateness, dependence and autonomy. Healing Developmental Trauma provides clear guidance to help us hold, with knowledge and self-compassion, those seemingly irreconcilable opposites and is a vital and accessible map supporting emotional maturity and psycho-spiritual growth.”
Peter A. Levine, PhD, Founder of Somatic Experiencing®
Author of In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness and Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma.